Warm and filling, this is a great dish for chilly fall weather.
Type of Dish Main Course
Published Jun 05, 2018
Apples, peeled, cored, and cut into chunks
Carrots, peeled and cut into 3/4 inch rounds
Onion, cut into wedges
Small redskin potatoes cut into quarters
Yams, peeled and cut into 3/4 inch cubes
Parsnips, peeled and cut into 3/4 inch chunks
Extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Combine apples, carrots, onion, redskin potatoes, yams and parsnips in large bowl. Drizzle with olive oil; season with salt and pepper and toss thoroughly to coat.
- Spread vegetables evenly on large baking sheet. Bake 20-25 minutes until vegetables are tender and beginning to caramelize. Remove from oven.
- BALSAMIC THYME VINAIGRETTE
3 Tbsp. white balsamic vinegar
1 tsp. chopped fresh thyme
3 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
1/2 tsp. chopped fresh parsley
- While vegetables are roasting, whisk together vinaigrette ingredients. Set aside
- To serve, transfer vegetables to serving platter and drizzle with balsamic thyme vinaigrette. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper. Serve immediately.
- This recipe would also convert well to a pressure pot to cook the apples and vegetables. Reduce time to prevent over cooking.
Preparation Time is approximate.
Cooking Time is approximate.