Apple and Cheddar Quick Bread
Total Time: 1 hour
This delicious bread is versatile! It works well with soups and stews and toasted for breakfast.
- 1 3/4 c all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 t baking powder
- 1/2 t salt
- 3/4 c milk + 2 T
- 1/3 c canola oil
- 1 egg
- 2 T brown sugar
- 1 c finely diced apples
- 1 c strong cheddar cheese, grated
- 3 T cheddar cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 400F. Prep your 8×4 loaf pan* by lightly greasing it with butter and then use a mixture of cornmeal and flour to dust the insides with – about a spoonful of each should do. Shake out any excess and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt and whisk everything together. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the milk, oil, egg and brown sugar until well blended. Pour in the diced apples and stir in the flour mixture. Add in the cheese in 3 handfuls – stirring between each addition.
- Pour the batter into your prepared loaf pan and bake for 45-50 minutes.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese over top of the bread and cook for 10 minutes longer until the cheese melts and the bread is cooked all the way through – use a wooden skewer in the middle of the loaf to test doneness.
- *if your loaf pan is larger, reduce the baking time by 10-15 minutes.
Recipe courtesy of everybodylovesandwiches.com