Applesauce Breakfast Parfait
- 1 apple, cored and chopped
- 1/2 cup red grapes cut in half
- 2 cups chunky cinnamon or plain applesauce
- 2 cups granola
- 1 cup vanilla Greek-style yogurt
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
Select 4 large glasses or serving bowls for parfaits. Combine the apple and grapes in a small bowl.
Layer 1/4 cup applesauce, 1/4 granola and 2 tablespoons yogurt in each serving glass. Add fresh fruit, about 1/3 cup per serving. Repeat layers of applesauce, granola and yogurt. Sprinkle each serving with 1 tablespoon toasted walnuts.
Recipe courtesy of U.S. Apple Association