Grilled Cheese and Apple Sandwich
Everyone's favorite grilled sandwich with a touch of sweetness, thanks to delicious apples.
- 8 slices whole grain bread
- 2 tbsp butter (softened)
- One pound cheddar cheese (sliced into 8 thin slices)
- One apple cut into thin, even slices
- Preheat a large skillet or griddle to medium high heat. Spread the softened butter on one side of each slice of bread. Place one slice of bread for each sandwich butter side down on the hot griddle or skillet.
- Lay one slice of cheese on each slice of bread. Layer with apple slices, and top with an additional slice of cheese. Cover the top slice of cheese with a piece of bread, butter side up.
- Grill until the first side is golden brown and cheese starts to melt. Turn and grill the other side of the sandwich until golden brown and cheese is thoroughly melted. Slice in half and serve warm.
Note: Using two thin slices of cheese is recommended as it will help hold the apples on the sandwich more effectively than one thicker slice of cheese.
Recipe courtesy of