One-Dish Roasted Potatoes and Apples with Chicken Sausage
- 3-4 red potatoes or your favorite potato variety (about 1 pound)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 red apples (Fuji, Pink Lady, Honeycrisp, Gala, or similar variety)
- 1 yellow onion
- 4 chicken herb link sausages (12 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
Cut potatoes into chunks, place in 2-quart baking dish. Drizzle with canola oil. Toss to coat. Roast potatoes in oven for about 20 minutes.
While potatoes are roasting, cut apples and onion into chunks, and sausage into ½-inch slices.
Remove baking dish from oven and reduce heat to 375 degrees. Add all remaining ingredients to baking dish and toss.
Return baking dish to oven and roast an additional 30 minutes until apples and potatoes are tender.
Recipe courtesy of U.S. Apple Association