Apple, Ginger and Cherry Chutney
Total Time: 50 minutes
- 3 cups peeled, cored, apples, chopped coarsely
- 3/4 cup diced onions
- 1/2 cup apple butter
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- 1/2 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup real maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon freshly minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 or 3 shakes cayenne pepper, to taste (optional)
SERVE WITH (Optional):
- Apple slices
- Brie cheese
- Cheddar cheese
- Assorted crackers
- In 4-quart saucepan with lid, combine all chutney ingredients. Cover.
- Over medium high heat, bring mixture to a boil (7 to 10 minutes); reduce heat to low. Continue cooking at low until mixture is thick, and apples are tender and soft (35 to 40 minutes).
- Serve with apple slices, Brie or Cheddar cheese, or serve on crackers. Refrigerate leftovers.
Recipe courtesy of U.S. Apple Association