- 1 1/2 cups fresh basil leaves, cleaned and dried
- 1 cup fresh parsley leaves
- 1 cup chopped apple, cored
- 1/4 cup blanched, salted almonds
- 1 tablespoon apple cider
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
In food processor or blender, place all pesto ingredients except vegetable oil.
Process on high speed just until ingredients are well mixed (1 minute).
While food processor is processing, add vegetable oil, one tablespoon at a time, until texture is smooth (1 to 2 minutes).
To serve, place dip in a bowl, and surround with variety of favorite apples and crackers, or serve on top of softened cheeses.
Cover; refrigerate leftovers.
Recipe courtesy of U.S. Apple Association